Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Van Hunt at 93 Feet East, London

If you're regular reader of my blogs, you'll be familiar with the ever ending battle I have to embark on when it comes to taking pictures with inadequate lighting. After all, photography is all about light, isn't it? So when I'm told that I can't use flash, when the lighting really sucks, what can i do? In most instances, I try to stick to the stipulations that tour managers/artists give. If they say 'No Flash', well, I'm going to have to comply. But, what do you do when there is literally no sufficient light source, and you have a Picture Editor who expects you to take some decent shots. Besides, do you have any idea how heavy it is to lug a camera bag across London to a venue only not to be able to take shots? Scratch that! So, what to do? Well, remove the flashgun and bring in Fill in Flash. I have to admit, that pop up flash can make all the difference. And How! Without being sacriligous, I have a miniscule idea of how The Almighty felt when He said,"Let there be Light!" All in all, it was a good show. The Artists/manager didnt seem to mind that I was using Fill in flash. (and if you happen to read this, sorry if the flash did bug you!!) and my picture editor was happy with the pics! (He better!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home