Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"Ummm.... Nikonlicious..."

I really don't ask for much from life materially. I don't ask for massive mansions ("who's going to clean that place up??"), nor do I ask for Billions of £££££. Ok, maybe a couple of millions, so I can indulge myself in following up my career within pictures. All in due time.. all in due time.

But, when it comes to wanting anything photography related, is that too much to ask? In this day and age of digital photography, it's becoming a very, very expensive past time/career. If you're into any branch of photography, and you don't have the sufficient funds, then you might just have to mortgage your soul. It was hard enough to purchase a Analog medium format camera then. Do you have any idea how much a digital hassalblad back alone costs?

Which brings me to my materialistic desire. May I present to you the Nikon D2X:


As I've mentioned, I don't ask for much, but whenever I see one of these babies in action, I just have a drooling moment..



You hear stories of people paying £100, 000 for a dress, or £85 for a sandwich (I swear, unless it has some manna from heaven, I'm not paying that much for a sandwich!! What kind of foolishness is that??) You hear so many ways in which moronic purchases (in my opinion) are made, that you just have to wonder how people even come into certain finances in the first instance. It also brings about that quote that 'A fool and his money are easily parted'.

So, if you're one of the elite bourgeois with serious disposable income, and have that almighty dilemma of figuring out how to spend your money on items that will not benefit any long term rewards, then may I suggest you contribute towards to the 'WORAN NEEDS A D2X' kitty. All donations will be fully appreciated.

In the mean time, I will have to be content with my classic F5. Might not get the job done, but it'll have to suffice:

© Kevin Parrott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home