Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"How to flip the birdie!!"


Brand New Heavies
Originally uploaded by Aworan.
They say that photography at times is about being at the right place at the right time. Not only that, it also helps if you have the settings of your camera ready for anything.

So, I was just lucky to have said image yesterday. Was at the Islington Academy covering the Brand New Heavies. The lighting was appalling, and the use of any flash was denied. So, I had to switch to a 50mm lens. (No, Im not going to bore you with all that jargon!)

As I'm trying to frame the lead singer in the most (un)available light around, she comes over to me, gyrating and doing her stuff, and gives me this image you're now viewing.


I was later asked whether I had done something to offend her. Who knows... at least I got the shot I wanted!! :-)

Johnny Cash, eat your heart out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Biodun said...

I love your photos, although I know nothin about the the actual art n all, I can still appreciate good work! I love the expressions u capture in ur photos n yeah thanks for stopping by my blog!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dat isn't nice abeg, for a black woman for dat matter. Maybe i'm just being an 'oldie'. Never mind me o

7:00 PM  
Blogger cinnamonqueen said...

Hey Aworan, nice one? Have you got a Shutterchance account or is a figment of my imagination. Thanks for visiting my blog - what can I say, I see the similarities between a Turk and a Nigerian every day, I am married to a Nigerian man! =)

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=movie label 2009 4.0.1.717 ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home