Saturday, January 13, 2007

Red carpet malarky from the World Music Awards.

I hate Red Carpet events. There. I've said it. First time I covered one was over 2 years ago, and I got there late for that. So covering the World Music Awards yesterday with Red Carpet duty, it just confirmed what I think about it: a pretentious set up with nobodies thinking they are somebodies, and the somebodies who think they are all that.

Would I ever do Red Carpet gigs again? Probably not. Too much palaver for what it's worth, really. Call me a snob, but I don't want to be associated with the majority of the photographers at these gigs. They're like a pack of wild hyenas. If you think I'm exagerrating, just observe a bunch of photographers at these events. They are a bit like papparazzi, but with proper accreditation. I guess this last rant might ostracise me from some of the snappers on the circuit, but I'll say if for what it is. As earlier mentioned, not all the photographers are like that, but you know who you are.

And for all those who paid through the nose to see Michael Jackson perform, you have my heartfelt sympathy for not getting your money's worth.

I'm not going to bore any of you with the obvious shots of who's who on the red carpet, so here's the only shot I managed to sneak, since I wasn't given official accrediation for the performance. (only a select few, and suprise, suprise:Getty Images!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home