Wednesday, March 29, 2006

No bobbing...

Ok.. apart from my other blogspot, I've decided to have a section dedicated purely for about my ups and downs of being a freelance photographer. As usual, the anecdotes are from personal cxperiences and such. Enjoy!



Nikon D100. Iso 800, F2.8 70-200mm.

Here's a shot I took of Jackson Brown at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London. When I went to receive the press pass at the Box Office, the instructions on the pass were,"No bobbing in the Front & the 1st 2 Songs without Flash". First 2 songs with no flash, no problem. But no 'bobbing of the head?' Kind of hard not to be able to capture an image without at least slightly moving up and down just a tad bit. I honestly appreciate that people have paid good money to see a performance, and the last thing they'd want is my big head with that of other photographers and their lenses obscuring their view. Can you imagine the scene? It's a quiet moment during the performance, and I elevate my head to take a shot, and then a voice shouts out from the stalls, "Oh! Snapper!! Down in the front!!"

Yep! That'll kill the mood....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home